Just like the skin, the hair care during monsoon is important and difficult. Due to the humidity in the air, the hair tends to become more sticky, fragile and brittle. One needs to take special care to avoid permanent damage due to this season.
- During monsoon one needs to cleanse their hair more often as compared to other seasons.
- Use a mild, gentle hair cleanser. Keep away from strong chemicals or chemical treatment for the hair as they would make them more fragile.
- Do not condition your hair too often as the hair would become stickier. Optionally to keep the hair soft and easy to comb after the wash, apply oil 1-3 hrs before bathing.
- Take a hot oil head massage in the night and leave it overnight. This would give the hair back its luster lost due to excessive water contact in the monsoons.
- Avoid oiling your hair in day time or when you are stepping out while it is still raining as it will attract dirt and grime and may also lead to dandruff.
- Do not tie wet hair as it may weaken the roots and would lead to hair fall.
- Take a hair friendly diet which is rich in proteins like soya products, dairy products and nuts.
- Do not blow dry your hair to dry them as it would lead to split end due to extreme temperature changes.
- Do not towel dry your hair too vigorously.
- Avoid brushing or combing your hair when they are wet. Gently towel dry. Use a light serum
- if necessary and then detangle your hair.
- Use a wide toothed hair brush to comb your hair.
- Always start to comb from the bottom of the lengths of the hair and then move to the scalp to avoid breakage of hair.
PRIYANKA TYAGI- COSMETOLOGIST
HEAD TRAINER- SKEYNDOR(INDIA)